Wednesday 16 December 2009

The one where I went to LUHQ

Sorry for the prolonged absence (to all those who missed me!), but some aspects of my private life had to take the front for a while. But, I'm back now! I've made my way back to Dublin for a couple of months and this trip has afforded me my first visit to LadyUmbrella headquarters. The unassuming suburban exterior belies the thriving hub of activity that awaits beyond. I was greeted by Rob and promptly shown to the engine room of LadyUmbrella and it was more than I had expected! It's a bedroom-cum-office-cum packing/store room. Suffice it's to say, LUHQ is, while unassuming, a place of serious business. The business of t-shirts.

As Rob showed me the packaging and the sample shirts I couldn't help but get the feeling that it was all starting to come together. Actually seeing the shirts after such a long time of imagining what they would look like, after many months of hard slog, everything was beginning to fall into place. But the last time I was here, LUHQ was nothing like this. Because I was abroad spreading the good LadyUmbrella word I had completely missed the metamorphosis that was happening within the company. As he excitedly told me about how things were going to be done, the special surprise extras we have in store for the people lucky enough to own a LadyUmbrella


The shirts are due to arrive tomorrow. So we tweet, and facebook and e-mail with real intent. Soon will be go-time. But none of you guys will see the hard-work, or really appreciate the change that has been going on behind the scenes in this Dublin back-bedroom. But having said that, maybe that is just for us to savour.

Soon the pre-ordered shirts will be whizzing to all corners of the world. I like to think about the happy and expectant faces that await our babies (yes, the shirts) as they reach their final destination, because only a few will now what has REALLY gone in to them.



We all hope that you love your LadyUmbrella shirts (if and when you get one)

Be Happy

Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment